If you do not have the space to store your RV at home, self-storage is a great solution. The advantage of storing your RV at a SpaceBox Storage facility includes the added benefit of being in a gated and secure facility with 24-hour video surveillance. Typically, SpaceBox offers three options for storing your RV: uncovered, covered and fully enclosed. Each option offers a different level of protection from the elements, which will help extend the life of your RV. Call your local friendly SpaceBox Management Team to secure your RV space today.
Once you have your space, here is a “To Do” list before parking your RV in storage.
- Wash and wax your RV before storing. Do not forget to extend the awning and clean it too.
- Empty all water and waste tanks. This will prevent odor buildup and protect your pipes for future use.
- Fill your gas tank completely to prevent moisture from accumulating in the tank. Also consider adding a fuel stabilizer, and while you are at it, check your oil, brake fluid and windshield wiper solution so you will be ready to roll on your next trip.
- Disconnect all batteries and the electrical system. If you choose not to disconnect, you should routinely start the vehicle.
- Remove all propane tanks and store in a dry place. Consider refilling them now so they are ready for your next trip.
- Inflate all tires and use stands to avoid flat spots from forming.
- Close all window coverings to help reduce sun damage on your interiors.
- Fill pipes, seal vents and any openings with bronze wool to keep bugs and critters from inhabiting the RV.
- Remove all food items, turn off the refrigerator and leave it open to prevent mold and odors. Additionally, place a box of baking soda to absorb odors.
While it does take a lot of work to clean and prep your RV for storage, you will be glad you did the next time you are ready to get “on the road again!”